The word conflict carries from the Latin roof. Con – which mean “together” and Fligere – which means “to strike”
Basically may refer to
- Difference or Disagreement
- ill well
There are usually 4 types of issues in conflict.
- Control over resources
- Preference Ritter
- Differences in values
- Differences in Beliefs
Reacting to Conflict
- High Importance: If conflict in with someone of high importance Customer/ Co-worker/ Spouse of friend. You may choose to negotiate so that you solve the problem. All the while keeping relationship positive.
- Low Importance: If relationship in with someone of little importance to you may choose to continue meeting your own goals even if it means that this person may not choose to be your friend.
- Managing Conflict: Different types of personalities manage conflict differently.
Analysing your own self
The effects of stress are closely linked to individual personality –the same level of stress affect different people in different ways and each person has different ways of coping. Recognize yourself as a personality type and try to understand your own self and others.
These value their own goals and goals of others. They see conflict as an opportunity to improve a relationship. They manage conflict by first identifying that conflict is a problem and their seeking a solution to satisfy both parties.
Resolving the Conflict
- Identifying that the conflict is a problem to be so had
- Use “I” settlements needs defining the problems and encourage everyone to do the same.
- Consider and understand all points of view.
- Generator Possible section to the problem in hand.
- Work out most practical and workable solution
- Implement the solution Take Decision and set deadlines
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your solution take feedback from various team members.